Recently you had the opportunity to meet Mel from Mel’s Corner and today I’m featuring one of her favourite summer salads. It looks like the rainy days have finally left us so we can start thinking about light fruity salads to enjoy.
One of the best things about summer is the endless supply of strawberries. I just love these little fruits. They’re so versatile and can be added to almost any meal. The other thing that’s great about summer is all the delicious not-your-everyday salads that you get to try. So it should come as no surprise to you that one of my all time favourite salads has strawberries in it. For me this salad is the perfect combination of savoury and sweet; and it only takes a few minutes to put together. You can either serve it as a side or as a light meal all on it’s own (which is how I prefer to have it).
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sugar. You can add salt to your dressing if desired.
- On a microwaveable plate cook the bacon in the microwave for about 4-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl toss together the bacon, spinach leaves and strawberries.
- Add the dressing and toss together once again.
- Now add the feta (this is added last to avoid it becoming soggy from the dressing).
- Transfer the salad to the serving bowl and sprinkle the almonds over the top and serve.