Oh speckled eggs! You’re such a popular sweet and now that it’s Easter, all the other eggs come out to compete with you. Let’s use this time to celebrate your year-round popularity by transforming you into a delicious rocky road treat. What do you say? Let’s do it!
The Rocky Road was really easy to make and has the potential to become a popular treat any time of the year by simply adding seasonal delights. I loved the crisp candy contrasting with the marshmallow, jelly and crunchy biscuits. This is new treat on on our Easter menu….and possibly for a few more weeks thereafter!
- 350g white chocolate
- 100g coconut biscuits (Tennis or Nice), broken into chunks
- 150g marshmallows (large ones chopped up or minis)
- 100g speckled eggs
- Line a lamington tin with cling film.
- Melt the chocolate. (You can use the double boiler method by heating water over the stove and placing a large heatproof bowl on top. Make sure the water doesn't come into contact with the bowl. Stir until the chocolate melts. Or you can chance your microwave)
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the coconut biscuits, marshmallows and speckled eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin
- Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Optional: Sprinkle a few eggs and marshmallows on top for decoration, and press down to secure into the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into bars. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.