Today we are featuring a recipe from Sipho (Short Chef) of Short Chef Skinny Chef – The Mini Beef Wellington.
It looks absolutely delicious!
- Nomu olive oil
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 100 g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g beef fillet
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 roll ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- To make the Duxelles*, heat olive oil in a pan, and fry the onion for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, and fry for another minute. Add the fresh herbs, and cook for a few seconds. Add the mushrooms, and fry until all the juices have cooked out.
- To make the Wellington, season the fillet. Heat oil in a frying pan and sear the meat.
- Remove from the heat, and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the fillet with Dijon mustard, and set aside.
- Place Duxelles on the pastry, and then place the fillet on the Duxelles, topping with more Duxelles and wrapping with puff pastry.
- Make sure all the sides are sealed and covered.
- Brush with the whisked egg, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Follow Short Chef Skinny Chef on Facebook
To read an interview Tables & Thyme did with them, click here