Today we’re sharing the third and final recipe from Meg. It’s nearly time for her to leave South Africa and to begin her new life in Dublin. We can’t wait to see her try the Irish classics! We love cooking with wine (and sometimes we do add some to the pot as the classic quip goes). And this wine chicken sounds perfect for a heartwarming meal. Can’t wait to try it, thanks Meg!
- 4-6 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tin peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin tomato paste
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Chop up the carrots and celery.
- Cut the chicken into bite size chunks.
- Layer the chicken, veg and herbs into the slow cooker pot.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and white wine.
- Give it a little stir, then put the lid on.
- Set the timer for low heat, 8 hours.
- Prepare some noodles to accompany the stew - and serve. Delish!
Follow Meg and her Irish foodie adventures here: