Meet Megan from GetFitHappyHealthy a runner, foodie and adventurer! She’s about to leave the sunny skies of Joburg for the city of Dublin. Megan and her husband, have a cute pug, Jack, who will be moving with them. Before Meg leaves for her new adventure, she is sharing three of her favourite slow cooker recipes.
Slow cooking is great for the working person. Load all your ingredients, set it up and go off to work. Return home to a cooked meal, ready to eat.
- 1kg stewing beef
- 1 bottle of stout (we used castle milk stout)
- 2 cups of beef stock
- Couple carrots (chopped)
- Couple stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- some garlic
- 1tblsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- salt and peper, to taste
- maizena to thicken
- Layer the slowcooker as follows:
- Place the onions in first, then meat, then veg
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves
- Pour over the milkstout and beef stock
- Set the slowcooker to low, for 8 hours and let your house be filled with awesome smells ALL DAY
- Thicken the stew with a bit of maizena and water.
See you next week for another recipe from Meg.
Follow Meg and her Irish foodie adventures here: