Homemade chimichurri is possibly one of my favourite flavours at the moment. I love it on a burger too! The freshness of the sauce brings the meaty burger to life. I haven’t found a good store bough chimichurri so I always make my own. It’s a great sauce to keep in the fridge and to add to the table when you indulge in a meaty meal.
The combination of fresh herbs, loads of garlic and vinegar gets my mouth watering! Add the chilli and I’m sold. We usually add the sauce to meat but I’ve enjoyed it with baked fish and even scrambled eggs.
- 60ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 10ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 60ml white wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli or 1 tbsp dried chilli (fresh is best!), chopped
- 5ml lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together using a food processor.
- Add more olive oil if required.
- Season as required.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.